[Ubuntu-us-ok] Newsletter and stuff

Julia Christianson julia at nscjc.net
Tue May 12 01:49:24 BST 2009

I'm not going to have the energy for the whole day, but I could help
with installing at the InstallFest.

wrt swag -- you guys probably know this -- only APPROVED LoCos can get
CDs in bulk.  (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingCds)

There is also the O'Reilly User Group program ... a "Leader" has to
register the group, but once you do, they will send free books.  It's
been a couple years since I was involved with this but we got quite a
few books to use as promotions for a LUG booth at the Federal Office
Systems Expo as well as a couple of books a month for the LUG library,
iirc.  They like for you to publish book reviews but it's not required;
otherwise they don't care what you do with the books.  Might not be able
to do this in time for May 30, but as I remember they were pretty quick
to respond; at any rate we could be ready for next time ...

-- Julia