[Ubuntu-us-ok] Newsletter and stuff

Billie Walsh bilwalsh at swbell.net
Sat May 2 17:08:05 BST 2009

On 05/02/2009 James Deaton wrote:

> I know a few folks in the OKC area, it might be just a matter of
> setting a time and place and getting the news out. I've become more
> of a Gnome guy due to availability of systems in the office (Solaris)
> and a few painful moments playing with KDE4 under Gentoo. However, I
> was very KDE years ago. Found an OLD Thinkpad of mine in a box.
> 200Mhz Pentium running Mandriva with KDE.

I have to admit that I much prefer KDE 3.* [ for me KDE 3 has been all I
knew ], but, KDE 4.2 seems to work pretty well. Still a bit
problematical. They've destroyed some things that worked very well in
KDE 3.* and have some new stuff that's not quite there just yet. KDE 4.0
was pretty much a real dog. I suppose it will get better over time [ I
guess it has already ]. I read on some list that when KDE 3 first came
out there was a bruh-ha-ha and now everyone loves it.

I saw in the newsletter that Derrick has offered his facility for a meetup.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.