[Ubuntu-us-ok] Yesterday

derrick parkhurst derrick.parkhurst at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 06:59:40 BST 2009

No worries!

Here are videos of the talks and a MUST SEE 2 minute install of Ubuntu
on a Asus Ebox.
http://okccoco.com/?p=241

We had a great meeting and I think it will be the start of some neat
events down the road. For example, we decided to host an Ubuntu Day
for each major release (roughly every 6 months).

We also decided to have a monthly meetup. Instead of an Ubunutu
meetup, were stepping back and starting up Linux meetup. There is some
interest in holding the meeting at 7pm on the Second Friday of the
month at okcCoCo. Let's hear from you if you are or aren;t
interested/available to participate. We need someone to give a
talk/demo/tutorial for the first meeting. Volunteers?

Finally, we discussed the possibility of running an Unused Laptop
collection event for charity.

Thanks to everyone who came out for Ubuntu day. It was good meeting you!

Best,
Derrick

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 10:07 PM, James Deaton <jdeaton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I hated missing it as well. Ended up having to drive to Tulsa and spent the
> day there. I know I missed some great talks and discussion.
>
> On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh at swbell.net>wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm sorry I didn't make it. I know your all just completely
>> crushed. *<]:oD  [ Just kidding. ]
>>
>> There was a lot to do at our friends radio shop. Getting some stuff
>> ready to ship to his customers mostly.
>>
>> --
>> Treat all stressful situations like a dog does.
>> If you can't eat it or play with it,
>> just pee on it and walk away
>>

>> --

Derrick Parkhurst, Ph.D.