[Ubuntu-us-ok] end of the year

Duane Hinnen duanedesign at cox.net
Sat Dec 27 04:58:15 GMT 2008

team,
Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Our IRC meetings will resume on Jan
1 at 7:30 on #ubuntu-us-ok.

The end of the year is a good time to reflect on the past and think
about what is ahead. I want to express my gratitude and respect to the
team members who have gotten us this far. Getting a successful team up
and running can often be a challenging, difficult process. Setting up
the mailing list, wiki, forum,IRC channel, Launchpad page, ect. Many
members have worked hard to give this team a strong foundation. We have
all the tools available to make this LoCo an exciting, challenging and
rewarding experience. With a successful LoCo team we have the potential
to really help advocate and develop Ubuntu and get more people using
Linux and free software. Most of all we can have a lot of fun doing it.

One of our long term goals is to gain 'approved' status for our LoCo.
Below is a link to the wiki on gaining approved status. Please read and
if anything jumps out at you as something you could help with, please
let us (the team) know through the Mailing List or at the next meeting.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LoCoGettingApproved

Below is the New Mexico LoCo's application for approved status, which
was approved. I think this is a well done application and a good example
of what we need to do.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewMexicoTeamApprovalApplication

The team has decided not to do a website. At this point we really do not
have a need that the wiki does not satisfy. That being said we need to
make sure our wiki is the best it can be. I think our current wiki is a
great wiki. As is there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. However I
am looking for things that members can do from home to contribute. So,
lets see if we can push ourselves to take it to that next level. The
following link is a team wiki I thought had some good ideas. The
organization of the links at the top is neat. I think we already have a
good "how to join the team' section. Take a look and if you have any
ideas throw them out there.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MassachusettsTeam

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that
you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover.
-Mark Twain

Duane Hinnen
duanedesign at gmail.com