[Ubuntu-us-ok] Fwd: Oklahoma Ubuntu

Trey Brown trey at ubuntuoklahoma.org
Fri Aug 22 16:10:32 BST 2008

Forwarding to Mailing List.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <annie at suddenlink.net>
Date: Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:16 PM
Subject: Oklahoma Ubuntu
To: trey at ubuntuoklahoma.org

Hi!

I read about Ubuntu two years ago, but didn't investigate very far as I was
loaded up with IT class work.  This summer, I was slap out amazed at the
polish and pizzazz... so since  I had volunteered for DFest, I ran down to
Best Buy and fired out some (only time for 25) cute Digital Vinyls to pass
out.  The Conferences were for musicians, about setting up and managing
their music business, so the "old timey record" look fit right in.  It was a
fun atmosphere, but I had so few, I was a little choosy, so I asked about
their computer use.  And I had to say, "Do you know what I am giving you?
 This is not just a little demo disc.  This is the 'Magic Carpet Ride' for
your PC. You'll never be Just Looking Out that Window again!"

I would love to get in on the give-away bags for this event next year.  We
made up over 1200 bags, had about 800 registered to attend the Conference
that got theirs first, and just gave away the rest during the fest.  These
events are good opportunities, as you see a broad range of people.  There
are awesome apps in the repository that are music and art related.  These
could be highlighted on the cover or a brochure.  La........  I carry one of
each flavor in my purse.

So, let's see what we can do. Oklahoma is somewhat behind the curve in %s,
so we can save a lot of people a ton of frustration.

Annie Hobson

--
Trey

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Benjamin Franklin