[Ubuntu-us-ok] Hello Team

James Stansell jamesstansell at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 20 14:50:41 BST 2007

On 7/20/07, Terry_G_Davis at dell.com <Terry_G_Davis at dell.com> wrote:
>  It is good to meet you Charles, just a quick note for you. Have you
> thought about joining Dell in Okc city?

Terry, what do you do at Dell?  How long have you been there?

> Since at least one person liked the voice service for the meetings I will
> research that and see what we can do there.

Thanks for that.  Just a couple of quick thoughts.  Ubuntu includes  ekiga,
but I'm not sure if it supports conferences.  Skype will also run on both
Edgy and Feisty, but of course is closed source.  (Actually some of the
things about the Linux version of skype are nicer than the win32 version, if
you can believe that.  Also I haven't tried hard, hoping to upgrade my edgy
box to feisty this weekend, but putting the latest version on edgy has some
qt library versions missing.)

Charles, do you know what wifi hardware your laptop has?  Also, which
version of ubuntu is it?

You dual-boot vista on that laptop?  Does it connect to the public wi-fi