[Ubuntu-us-ok] Fwd: ideas for the OK LOCO

James Stansell jamesstansell at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 16 03:48:58 BST 2007

An excellent idea Billie!  I asked on #ubuntu-us for thoughts but
didn't hear anything back.  Maybe just too much excitement about the
case badges. :)  I'll try to ask there again.

I'm not sure what might already be included on the live CD but there's
a fair number of online resources already.  For future reference:

http://help.ubuntu.com/
http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=73 (Absolute Beginner Talk)
http://doc.gwos.org/ (Ubuntu Document Storage Facility)
http://ubuntuguide.org/ (Unofficial Starter Guide)
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/ (Ubuntu Linux Resources)
http://elibrary.fultus.com/ubuntu/ Ubuntu Linux Documentation Library
(full and searchable 7.04 collection)

Other ideas besides a pamplet might be (brief) information on the CD
label if we printed our own labels, or even a CD jacket, similar to
the shipit printed jackets.

In fact once we're officially recognized we'll be eligible for "large"
orders from shipit.  Even before then if we have suggestions for
improving the jackets or anything else then I say let's send 'em in.

Of course the more we can provide personal support and advice, the better.

Regards,

-james.