[Ubuntu-us-ok] OKC members

steve steve at friservices.com
Wed Aug 8 05:07:37 BST 2007

Noah Duffy wrote:
> Trey Brown wrote:
>
>> I think that would be a good idea, would we want it somewhere with
>> WiFi? I am up for just about anywhere in the metro, although since I
>> live in Norman would prefer the south side of the metro.
>>
>> Are there any LUGs that aren't members of the LoCo, if so we should
>> try to contact them and invite them.
>>

>> On 8/7/07, *Mike Harrall* <michael.harrall at gmail.com
>> <mailto:michael.harrall at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I think it would be a great idea for those of us in the OKC area
>>     to start planing a monthly meeting. Since I work and travel
>>     through out the week i suggest the weekends and a coffee shop or
>>     some place that will like that as a informal meet and greet.
>>     please let me know your ideas :) thanks for the all input group.
>>
>>     --
>>

> I'd maybe try to make some of those meetings.  I'm in Lawton, so, it's
> not too long of a trip every weekend or so.

Panera bread is a good spot, since they have wifi.  Here are the
location (with wifi)

/1./
*Northwest Expressway* (map
<javascript:document.get_map.recordId.value=2816;
document.get_map.submit();>)
/about 3.62 miles away/
3321 Northwest Expressway
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
(405) 840-8222 | phone
(405) 840-8333 | fax

	/free Wi-Fi hotspot/
/this location serves Crispani®/
/2./
*Quailbrook Center* (map
<javascript:document.get_map.recordId.value=2819;
document.get_map.submit();>)
/about 4.53 miles away/
4401 West Memorial Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73134
(405) 302-0500 | phone
(405) 302-0507 | fax

	/free Wi-Fi hotspot/
/this location serves Crispani®/
/3./
*Western Avenue* (map <javascript:document.get_map.recordId.value=2820;
document.get_map.submit();>)
/about 6.01 miles away/
6816 North Western Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73116
(405) 843-2566 | phone
(405) 843-2577 | fax

	/free Wi-Fi hotspot/
/4./
*Meridian Avenue* (map <javascript:document.get_map.recordId.value=2823;
document.get_map.submit();>)
/about 7.67 miles away/
2035 South Meridian Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73108
(405) 680-8864 | phone
(405) 680-7407 | fax

	/free Wi-Fi hotspot/
/5./
*Edmond* (map <javascript:document.get_map.recordId.value=2817;
document.get_map.submit();>)
/about 11.57 miles away/
1472 South Bryant Avenue
Edmond, OK 73034
(405) 844-5525 | phone
(405) 844-5510 | fax

	/free Wi-Fi hotspot/
/this location serves Crispani®/

I live in NW okc, but I'll meet you guys pretty much anywhere.    The
weekends would be best, and I'd think that around 7-8PM is an ideal
start time.

Since I'd like us to start giving away CDs and demoing Ubuntu at the
Saturday sales (http://saturdaysale.com/okc.php3) we could have the
meetings on the Friday or Saturday  night the week before the event
(every 3rd weekend) so that we could get materials ready.

Steve