UbuntuOhio Template for contacting companies as sponsors for Ubucon

anthony theidiotthatisme at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 23:23:45 GMT 2007

I have been writing some letters and emails to contact companies that I
believe may be interested in sponsoring Ohio Ubucon '08, and noticed I
have been using a mostly similar email/letter for most of them, so I
created an extensible template for others to use for contacting
companies. Also, this is only a basic template, and should be
personalized to you and the company. There is also an example at the
bottom.

Hi!

My name is [Your Name], and I am a member of the Ohio Ubuntu LoCo, who
is putting together an all Ubuntu conference in Columbus, Ohio. We are
currently looking for partners and sponsors for the conference, and so
far Google as agreed to help, along with several other companies in
talks about sponsorship. We would love to have [Company Name] be a
sponsor of an Ohio based Ubucon!

We are currently looking for help in nearly any form, including (but of
course not  limited to) financial, hardware systems, and marketing.

We also are hosting booths at the event, and as an [Company Type], we
would be very happy to have you as a guest and be able to showcase some
of your systems at the event. We will also have a Sales booth/shop, if
you would like to offer anything for sale at the event.

If you would like any information or have any questions, please contact
me at [Insert Your Email]

Thank you for your time!

Here is an example of one I sent to ZaReason, Inc.

Hi!

My name is Anthony Hall, and I am a member of the Ohio Ubuntu LoCo, who
is putting together an all Ubuntu conference in Columbus, Ohio. We are
currently looking for partners and sponsors for the conference, and so
far Google as agreed to help, along with several other companies in
talks about sponsorship. We would love to have ZaReason, Inc. be a
sponsor of an Ohio based Ubucon!

We are currently looking for help in nearly any form, including (but of
course not  limited to) financial, hardware systems, and marketing.

We also are hosting booths at the event, and as an Ubuntu system
provider, we would be very happy to have you as a guest and be able to
showcase some of your systems at the event. We will also have a Sales
booth/shop, and if you'd like I believe your Ubuntu keyboards would be a
great sale for you also!

If you would like any information or have any questions, please contact
me at theidiotthatisme at gmail.com

Thank you for your time!