UbuntuOhio Issue with Ubuntu 7.10 in Toledo

Jacob Coleman jake.coleman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 02:05:39 GMT 2007

Hello,
      I got this e-mail address of the Ubuntu web site. I am having a
problem with the version of Ubuntu 7.10 that I just installed on my
home PC. I have had windows XP for years and decided to switch
recently. I just downloaded the amd 64 bit install. I went through the
install formatted and repartitioned my main drive which is an SATA
drive. After the install was done I took the live disk out and started
up the machine. I got an error at start up so I put the disk back in
and when I got to the startup menu on the live disk I went to load OS
on Hard drive 1, I am just writing that from memory so I may have it
wrong a little, it then loads and works from from the hard drive as I
installed it. It does not seem to be running GRUB. I was wondering
what if you could help me figure this out? Let me know if you need
more information.

Jake Coleman