UbuntuOhio Getting Cd's to Libraries

anthony theidiotthatisme at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 21:06:00 GMT 2007

Thank you for the comment on the Quick Starter :-) I will make sure I
get on the proofreading and get on those typos. Unfortunately my typing
doesn't keep up with my thinking and typos just... happen.

Also, as already pointed out, the programs for Microsoft Windows is on
the same CD. Now another project also sponsored by Canonical is the
OpenCD, which is all about Free software on Microsoft Windows. But
that's for another time ;)

"ShipIt" Is a program designed by Canonical for getting Ubuntu CD's out
to users that are professional made and of course, free. Now with LoCo's
(such as ourselves) it's a little different, as we're more able to get
larger quantities than the average user, and we have a few more
contacts, but the CD's are the same. The only concern we had was the
info provided with the CD's were... pretty much just saying Welcome To
Ubuntu, and that's why I wanted to design the Quick Starter Guide.

You can find more information ShipIt from:

 http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/shipit-faq