UbuntuOhio Ideas for Loco Team

Steve Stalcup vorian at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 14 14:29:02 GMT 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 9:20 AM, Bassett, Mark
<Mark.Bassett at contractors.nationalcity.com> wrote:
> Is there a loco flyer or something to passout? I work at national city
> bank and I usually print ubuntu flyers and what not to random printers
> throughout the company. Just wondering if icould help get the word out.
> I am in Cleveland.

There are some flyers, or we could make some. Here are a few ideas to
get things going.

1) Ubucon Planning - This will be hard work and require a team who's
sole focus is planning.  The team would need a leader, speaker liason,
exhibit liason, press person, a/v person, and a PR person.

2) Getting volumes of Ubuntu/Kubuntu into public libraries, and
setting up distribution points

3) Quarterly Press releases to news agencies in Ohio

4) Revamping a support mechanism

5) Viral marketing campaigns

6) More (montly) Face to Face meetings

7) Working with LUGs and FreeGeek