UbuntuOhio [ubuntu-marketing] some proposals

Seekker seekker at myway.com
Wed Mar 21 17:59:26 GMT 2007

 --- On Wed 03/21, Daniel Buch < meatballhat at ubuntu.com > wrote:

From: Daniel Buch [mailto: meatballhat at ubuntu.com]

To: letterrip at gmail.com, ubuntu-us-oh at lists.ubuntu.com

Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:59:45 -0400

Subject: UbuntuOhio [ubuntu-marketing] some proposals

Hi Tom,Our LoCo Team is currently trying to tackle similar issues.  If you'reavailable Wednesday nights at 8pm EST, please join us in #ubuntu-ohio.Cheers,Dan---------- Forwarded message ----------From: Tom M <letterrip at gmail.com>Date: Mar 19, 2007 10:36 PMSubject: [ubuntu-marketing] some proposalsTo: Ubuntu Marketing <ubuntu-marketing at lists.ubuntu.com>Hi,I'm not sure what list this would be relevant for, these are someproposals I did many years ago that might be of benefit to Ubuntu,each of the proposals was aimed at easing the learning curve andreducing the time and effort needed for a migration to LinuxIdeas for a migration tool that would complement the current migrationtool work,http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-love/2001-June/msg00066.htmla 'trainer/interviewer' and quickstarts guides - for a better idea ofwhat I had in mind for quickstarts see
'Permacharts'http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-devel-list/2001-June/msg00022.htmlhttp://mail.gnome.org/archives/nautilus-list/2001-August/msg00324.htmland a related tool proposal - 'the ultimate help system'http://www.mailarchives.org/list/gnome-doc-list/msg/2001/00765Given the direction that Ubuntu is moving, I think these might be useful.thanks for your time and consideration.Tom M.LetterRip--ubuntu-marketing mailing listubuntu-marketing at lists.ubuntu.comModify settings or unsubscribe at:https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-marketing-- ::   The Highway to Freedom::   is Now Open for Everyone::   www.ubuntu.com-- Ubuntu-us-oh mailing listUbuntu-us-oh at lists.ubuntu.comModify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-oh

*Very* interesting proposals ... are there any such proposals for KDE and/or other of the major DTE's?