UbuntuOhio SD CARD reader

Jacob Peddicord jacobmp92 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 03:42:26 BST 2007

Hi Paul,

Try this (assuming you are in GNOME):

Go to System > Administration > System Log and open /var/log/messages (from
the File menu if it is not in the default view).
Put the card in, and see if any messages come up. Select the messages that
appear (by Shift-clicking) and then Edit > Copy. Paste your results here.

Most Ricoh card readers (used in Dells and some other brands) were patched
in Feisty, however yours might not have been fixed.
It is most likely related to Bug #99648 (
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/99648)

If your answer seems similar to any of those reports at that bug at
Launchpad, go ahead and add a comment with the information you copied from
the log to it. Currently, the bug is set to Fix Released, but it seems it
does not cover everything and could be changed.

If it doesn't seem similar to that bug, I'll see if I can pull one up for
you (or help you file a new one if needed).

Jacob