UbuntuOhio Help

Steve sbrook1 at columbus.rr.com
Sun Apr 15 20:07:37 BST 2007

I was trying to get Firestarter to on boot up to load its self in as
root and run in the background.Quick note I am brand new to Ubuntu and
do not know much about it. I found instructions on how to do this but
must have mistyped something in the /etc/sudoers file now I get an error
anytime I try to do that requires root password. Can I fix this with out
reloading software or if not is there a way to save all my settings and
configurations. I have spent hours getting my laptop running the way I
want it and now I mess something up.

Here is my /etc/sudoers file:
# /etc/sudoers
#
# This file MUST be edited with the 'visudo' command as root.
#
# See the man page for details on how to write a sudoers file.
# Host alias specification

# User alias specification

# Cmnd alias specification

# Defaults

Defaults    !lecture,tty_tickets,!fqdn

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL) ALL

# Members of the admin group may gain root privileges
# %admin ALL=(ALL) ALL (Not sure where the # came from but think this is
my problem)
%steve ALL=NOPASSWD:/usr/sbin/firestarter (I add this line)