UbuntuOhio A reasonable request.

Larry Laird webmaster at lairdslair.com
Thu Apr 12 15:45:26 BST 2007

Have you tried swapping out your video card for a lesser one?   I had
some issues upgrading to a Nvidia 6200. Froze the system. Downloaded a
much newer Nvidia driver (not in the Ubuntu repository) with an older
Nvidia card in the computer then switched cards to the 6200 and all is
well. While I'm not an expert in Linux and I couldn't seem to get any
good answers from anyone, I just took a stab at a solution and it
worked.  I don't think the default Ubuntu Nividia driver supports your
Geforce 6600 based on my experience. Someone may say I'm wrong and I may
well be but just wanted to relate my personal experience since you've
been struggling so.

Larry