UbuntuOhio Feisty Release Party

Steve Stalcup stalcups at gmail.com
Sat Dec 30 20:16:57 GMT 2006

I think it would be a good Idea for this the replace proposed install fest.
I would like to have this at one location instead of 3 or 4, but if not, no
big deal.

April 20th is a Friday.  I think Friday or Saturday would be most
appropriate.

Thanks for the find Robert!

~Steve

On 12/30/06, Robert Rittenhouse <rrittenhouse at gmail.com> wrote:

> I saw this on the planet and of course I thought "Our LoCo needs to
> celebrate this too!". So I told vorian about it and here it is.
>
> Should we do this AND an install fest or should we replace this with the
> 'fest or what? I would like everybodys opinion on this.
>
> Should we have it in a centralized location (it would be a great meetup
> for everyone to actually get together and meet). I personally think this
> is the best option but it depends on how many people we can get at a
> central spot at once..etc.
>
> I live 2 hours from Columbus and Cleveland. But I guess the people that
> live in Dayton or Cinci would be out on that.
>
> So everyone just throw all of your ideas at this and we will see what we
> can come up with!
>
> ~Robert Rittenhouse
>
> On Sat, 2006-12-30 at 14:53 -0500, Steve Stalcup wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Two questions
> > 1. When?
> > 2. Where?
> > FeistyReleaseParties
> > Once Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) is out, there will be plenty to celebrate,
> > whether you were directly involved the release process or just rejoice
> > because the next iteration of the best Distribution is finally out.
> >
> > April 19, 2007 is the tentative date for Ubuntu 7.04. Many parties will
> > be on this date, or you can pick your own date! Go ahead and put down
> > your favorite pub, park or cafe and celebrate getting Edgy out of the
> > door!
> >
> > This page is changing frequently so check back quickly! If you are
> > posting pics to your own gallery, please link them along with your
> > entry. If you are posting on flickr, then please tag them with at least
> > an "ubuntu" tag so they show up on [WWW]The Fridge.
> >

> > Confirmed Parties
> > If you plan to get a party going in your area, you should advertise the
> > place and time here.
> >
> >       * North America
> >
> >               * United States
> >
> >                       * Colorado
> >
> >                               * Apr 20th @ 18h00 - The Colorado LoCo
> >                                 Team's Release Party, Apr 20th. 18:00 -
> >                                 [WWW]Falling Rock Tap House (basement),
> >                                 Denver
> >
> > Proposals/Discussion
> > If you're still in the process of organizing something and want a call
> > for discussion, put that there. If you see something here in your area,
> > you probably already have enough people for a meet-up so finalize it!

[Ohio LoCo Team]
https://launchpad.net/people/ubuntu-us-ohio