[NY State Local Community] Team Needs

cprofitt cprofitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 8 02:43:05 UTC 2011

Hello everyone:

I was inspired by the Vancouver LoCo team story while at UDS-P and I
wanted to try some of their ideas. One of which is to let people know
what 'jobs' or 'roles' the team needs filled. The following is a list of
the initial 'roles' the team needs help with.

      * Secondary contact - the team contact acts as a conduit to the
        larger global Ubuntu community and the second contact is in
        place in the case of the primary contact being unreachable over
        an extended period of time
      * Marketing lead - coordinate marketing events across the state
      * Event coordinator - coordinate events across the state
      * Team Scribe - write team reports monthly and post IRC meeting
        logs
      * City coordinators - people willing to take on the role of
        helping to organize events in their city

As always we encourage people to get involved in their local area by
holding informal meetup events or organized events. Events can be
anything you feel would work from simple parties to install fests. We
encourage any event, technical or not, that brings Ubuntu users together
in-person.

Help us spread Ubuntu.

Charles