[NYLoCo] Announcement: Monthly Team Meeting - Tuesday May 18th 9pm - 10pm

indigo196 at rochester.rr.com indigo196 at rochester.rr.com
Sat May 15 05:01:28 BST 2010

Team:

On Tuesday May 18th we will be holding our monthly team meeting on IRC.
 * #ubuntu-us-ny on freenode.net

---- TOPICS ----
Review inconsistencies in the By-Laws
          o revise by-laws
          o remove by-laws
Discuss function of website
    * maintain and revise or ??
Posting 'location' on website
    * a member of the loco council has indicated that this is an issue
Install fest in Ithaca
Linux workshops in Syracuse (UCF) and Rochester (Interlock)
Review 10.04 launch event
    * turnout
    * format
    * general
Discuss 10.10 initial plans
----

In accordance with Article VI section 2 of our current by-laws I am calling a special leadership meeting to immediately follow the general membership meeting. The purpose of this meeting will be to discuss the potential amendment of our current by-laws with the intention on holding a vote.

The purpose behind amending the by-laws is to empower local groups to become more active by acknowledging the decentralized structure of our team while removing overly formal procedures and structure. The by-laws were originally crafted with the intent that the team would become a not-for-profit. This is not possible under the 'name' of New York State Ubuntu LoCo (or likely any group using the name Ubuntu). For this reason some of the formalized structure in the by-laws, though well written and intended at the time, may not be necessary at this time. I encourage all of you to make comments to the proposed amendments.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewYorkTeam/ByLawsAmendents

The current leadership will be very interested in your thoughts during the general membership meeting on Tuesday.

Thanks,

Charles Profitt