[NYLoCo] Ubuntu NYC

Dara Adib daradib at applemon.com
Thu Jul 30 00:45:41 BST 2009

Peter Kirn wrote:
> Just happened to join the group! I'm surprised there's no NYC group. We've
> got a Linux (not distro-specific) install party this weekend coming up at
> BUG Labs, I know, as well as a number of Pd users here who have done regular
> events, etc., so there are already venues and events to which such a group
> could be connected.

Nice timing.[1] I've been wondering the same thing myself (I live
about 20 miles NW of Manhattan). Several years ago, Yosef Harrow[2]
did organize a small gathering for the Team in Manhattan, but nothing
since then has happened.

> Of course, always happy to make the trip upstate. ;)

I like the sound of that.

If you are interested in getting a NYC group up and running, you could
talk to our distro parents at the Debian NYC group[3]. They've got a
good, active group set up, and are right now organizing DebConf10[4]
which will take place in the city.

Cheers,
Dara

[1] https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-us-ny/2009-July/000772.html