[NYLoCo] Rochester Ubuntu Loco Meeting -- next Week Thursday 7pm to 9pm

PrivateVoid indigo196 at rochester.rr.com
Fri Jan 2 14:23:22 GMT 2009

Hello all:

Asterisk Demonstration

The NY State Ubuntu LoCo will be demonstrating an implementation of
Asterisk. See how to make a voice call using your computer. Ubuntu LoCo
members that do not yet have a SIP account will also be able to have a
SIP account setup at this event.

About Asterisk:
Asterisk is the world's leading open source PBXi, telephony engine, and
telephony applications toolkit. Offering flexibility unheard of in the
world of proprietary communications, Asterisk empowers developers and
integrators to create advanced communication solutions...for free.

Details:

      * address:
        BARNES & NOBLE @ RIT Bookstore
        100 Park Point Drive
        Rochester, NY 14623
        (at the corner of John Street and Jefferson Road in Henrietta)

      * date: January 8th, 2009

      * time: 7pm until 9pm

      * room: Upstairs group meeting room -- this room is a semi-private
        glass window room upstairs

      * amenities: free wireless, cafe (food is allowed in the meeting
        room), a very nice computer book section and IT text books

Hope to see you all there!!

-----
We are working on an event for Open Street Maps that and hope to have
LUGOR, RCSI, ROCGEEKS and SYRLUG involved as well. We are looking at the
Pittsford Library and Arena51 as possible venues but would also consider
areas to the east of Rochester if people know of good venues.