[NYLoCo] How to spread the word of Linux (and Ubuntu)

Dara Adib daradib at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 20:25:46 GMT 2008

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 8:35 AM, PrivateVoid <indigo196 at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
> Good article...

Agreed.

Personally, I think it is better to promote free software (rather than
"Linux") in the manner proposed by the article, especially since (if
presented correctly) people can sympathize with the freedoms of free
software. For promoting Ubuntu (or any other GNU/Linux distribution),
we should try to use the positive presentation of free software along
with the practical advantages of open source software (of course we
need not necessarily complicate the user's mind with these terms).