[NYLoCo] Gutsy on T60: take note before upgrading/installing!

Herzog herzog at frontiernet.net
Sun Oct 21 03:09:10 BST 2007

We are not communicating, too many buzz words .
I don't know Gnucash and was not intentionally addressing it.
meta-packages,   launchpad...
Yes I surely agree that  a clarification of packages is needed.  Ubuntu
seemed to be a starting point for that by having the available
add/remove programs show with "works well with Ubuntu", which I assume
means my version of Ubuntu, as opposed to X-K-E- etc Ubuntu's.
I was trying to quote a message from a man who seemed to be a programer
for Ocra who mentioned that there were problems with Ubuntu that they
knew about.
Then this next list talked of drivers being the problem for his printer,
and that the older Ubuntu had them, and the newer one didn't.
Than others on a blind list were discussing problems with the new  ubuntu
So I was trying to tell this guy that he is not alone, and that the
guru's are aware, and working on it....
it being what ever the problem(s) is/are; they are not with Orca.. Wil