[NYLoCo] About Sandra

Sandra Greer aratinga77 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 9 12:42:17 BST 2007

I live in Park Slope, Brooklyn, the techie capital of the world :-) .
I used to be a consultant, and now I work for MHRA Data Link, which
is a Windows-only support group for an elderly FoxPro application. My
office is at the corner of Church and Worth. My job is to support and
train users, as well as mess around with databases.

I got this idea while visiting an agency up in Harlem, whose
employees live in East Harlem and the Bronx as well as Harlem.

I have been using Linux for many years (originally Red Hat with
Oracle and Lotus Domino 5) but am not an expert. I have noticed that
it is getting much easier to use, especially Ubuntu.

Ideally I would like to get an upper Manhattan and Bronx group going,
but that might take a while. An InstallFest may attract a few folks
from up there who could be our nucleus.

Sure, let's wait for a solid Gutsy. I just ordered my two copies. In
my experience, you sometimes need two to get one good pressing.

I don't even have Feisty yet, as my /boot is too small. Next time I
will leave more space. Meanwhile I need to put it on another disk and
pull in my backups.
(I can be pretty lame at this stuff.)

Sandra