[NYLoCo] InstallFest - Maybe try Feisty first?

Sandra Greer aratinga77 at verizon.net
Mon Oct 8 21:29:49 BST 2007

I agree.

This would bring us to just before Christmas, which may or may not be
a good thing. Major party? It's also a good time to go trolling for
older systems being replaced.

I'm singing a couple of concerts the two weekends before -- I bet a
lot of people are super busy also. But there are those who will find
our plan very attractive; sure beats getting a couple of sweaters.

Sandra

On Oct 8, 2007, at 4:15 PM, Karlie Robinson wrote:

Sandra Greer wrote:
> Actually, David Quist has a good point. What we can do is maybe do
> some house calls first, trying Gutsy and then reverting to Feisty if
> that doesn't work, and making good notes on the reasons and
> configurations found in the wild. We would then have a knowledge base
> for hardware drivers. The InstallFest could take place with people
> coming in with a list of peripherals, and we could go with a
> conservative approach. We also want to recruit junior geeks to be the
> local experts where they live.
>
> The most important thing is for people to show up with all their
> important stuff (pictures, homework) backed up to something. We want
> them to like us afterward!
>
> Sandra

  From a "they should like us" point of view, The easiest way to get
people to like a new product is when everything goes off without a
hitch.  So, why not use the 8 weeks (give or take) to plan a formal
event?

Not only will your event be better, but the chances that the repos will
have software for funky hardware will be greatest.