[NYLoCo] Successful Brooklyn Ubuntu Meeting

Exa Byte exabyte at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 06:14:33 BST 2007

Zach,

I agree with your premise, however, often (at least these days) many
users have a router at home and work with Laptops at the office and
would enjoy the benefit of being able to access their files at home,
and SSH is a great way to do that. I agree it's probably an
*intermediate* user skill to teach, but I was more thinking out loud
about topics, rather than insisting that SSH be forced upon newbies...

Perhaps to rephrase, I am looking to foster a guided, nurturing
environment of learning for users looking to explore Linux (Ubuntu or
others). I never liked running into the Linux Snobs that I have often
seen who just piss on anyone asking newbie questions and make RTFM
wisecracks... I'm looking to counter that experience with a positive
one.

As we all agreed at our Brooklyn Gathering @ the KDog, there HAS to be
a plethora of Linux users (or those interested in trying it) looking
for guidance... that's our niche.

Bossman.