[NYLoCo] Notes from Directions Meeting 11/11/2007

D. Joe nyloco at etrumeus.com
Sat Nov 17 22:59:52 GMT 2007

Sorry I wasn't able to make it Sunday.  I was in Binghamton and
fully planned to go, but was called away on a family emergency.

Anyway, good to seem some commentary about what was discussed
(I'm assuming it was discussed, since the notes make no mention
of who participated, and how).

Here is one item of particular concern:

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 09:11:37PM -0500, jeremy austin-bardo wrote:

> In the goal of  unifying our various services:
>
>       *  One Domain/Self Hosted/Independent
>       *  Single Service
>       *  Jabber ****
>       *  Pop3 ***
>       *  Wiki **
>       *  Profiles
>       *  Website
>       *  Voip
>
> Try and implement 3 of 6

I would add to this goal either

a) obtaining a trademark license for newyork-ubuntu.com

or

b) unifying on a domain that does not include "ubuntu"

in order to comply with

http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy

Is my guess correct, that no such license has been granted for
the current use of the newyork-ubuntu.com domain?

--
Joe