[NYLoCo] Developing a FOSS workshop for the General Public

hendrixski hendrixski at storsint.com
Fri Nov 16 16:49:44 GMT 2007

More the case of I haven't been talking to them... There's SOOO much
work lately.

But yeah, Karlie has a pretty beneficial relationship with SCORE -
Rochester. And if we can pull together a few local groups to each do
something unique (like talks, workshops, installfests, coding dojo's,
presentations, etc.) and have each group really push the publicity
envelope then everybody wins.

I'm all about giving talks. I'm good at it and I enjoy it.

Hopefully things will calm down in my head next week, and I'll focus
more on community interaction.

--
 - Hendrixski

How to ask questions:
 * Do your homework: google it, search archives from lists and forums
 * Ask on the appropriate list or forum using a meaningful header
 * Be precise, impersonal, to the point, state your goal, and say "please" and "thank you"

How to answer questions:
 * Verify what they're asking about, turn bad questions into good ones
 * Give information, ask if it answers their question.  Rinse & Repeat
 * Not all manuals are created equal! link to your favorite one and say "Read This Fine Manual"