[NYLoCo] Developing a FOSS workshop for the General Public

jeremy austin-bardo ausimage at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 14 19:32:30 GMT 2007

HEY TEAM
I have been thinking about how to capture the general public and bring a
few more into the Ubuntu camp. I am thinking about holding FOSS
workshops in libraries and maybe schools as well. A few of our team
could talk about the cross-platform FOSS apps available while demoing on
an Ubuntu machine. After the workshop, we would have the FOSS CD and the
Ubuntu CD available for them to take home.

I realize this is going to take some time to pull together. We would
need to decide which cross-platform apps to demo and what should be
highlighted in each. It will also mean dedicated a few hours
occasionally to setting up and leading the workshops.

Let us discuss together about developing and running this workshop.

--
jeremy austin-bardo <ausimage at ubuntu.com>
Ubuntu Communty Member / Ubuntu New York Leader / Ubuntu Scribes Leader