[NYLoCo] Geek wanted.

Herzog herzog at frontiernet.net
Fri Nov 9 04:56:08 GMT 2007

Is there a place in or near Rochester NY where I can bring my "new" Dell
inspiron 1420 laptop, pay a small fee, and either get a new Ubuntu 7.10
install disk that will overwrite my bollixed  up Dell version 7.04;  or
get the machine auto update stuff back to working.

Buying a machine with Ubuntu didn't work for me because one can't tell if the machine
is working, locked up, just had the screen saver darken, while updating.

I have watched the automatic update crap out, then the add remove
programs quit, , and finally synaptic churn for 2 days, resulting in
each getting worse,

Will Herzog  585-482-6151,  406 Yarmouth road. 14610