NYLoCo Working on Team Organization....

jeremy austin-bardo ausimage at newyork-ubuntu.com
Tue May 29 06:22:11 BST 2007

Hello Team...
I have been studying and discussing the creation of a set of bylaws for
our Team. Most organizations from the smallest to largest have such a
document. It helps define and guide the organization as it grows. It
will also form the basis of or any legal recognition and benefits, we
may choose to seek in the future.

I would like to start a discussion of the draft I have created. In the
near future, I hope to bring the bylaws before the Team for
consideration. I am not lawyer or have much legal knowledge, but I have
helped draft other bylaws for other organizations. If you do know more,
have questions, or have comments, do not hesitate to share.

The bylaws are one of the most important documents an organization can
create. Read them carefully and be informed by at least skimming legal
non-profit organizational types available.

== THE LINKS ==
* Draft of the Bylaws - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewYorkTeam/503c/bylaw
* Links about Bylaws - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewYorkTeam/503c/

--