[ubuntu-us-nm] Web server related questions

Researcher Taylor research at lawlearners.org
Sun Apr 22 05:25:07 UTC 2012

I have an Ubuntu 10.04 machine set up in another part of the house where
I've installed Apache, PHP, etc.

I can successfully access the web space from my Windows machine by just
typing the IP address of the Ubuntu machine and get the standard greeting:

It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

I can't figure out how to FTP into the web directory from the Windows
machine.  I've tried using the user name and password of the primary
user on the Ubuntu machine and it's IP address as the host but the
connection is rejected.

What am I missing?