[ubuntu-us-nm] Question

Steve Perea computermedic64 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 15:21:16 BST 2010

bring it to my shop at 2323 B Isleta, I will help.

Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 07:39:36 -0600
From: srtraveler at gmail.com
To: ubuntu-us-nm at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-us-nm] Question

Dave, (& Steve and anyone else who sent helpful suggestions)

I gave up. I did edit the grub--though it was not grub2--and put in the phrase i915...but my lockup/freeze problems still happened. BTW, when I would do another boot and enter grub edit mode my addition after quiet splash was not there. I have tried installing 10.04 (this from Update Manager and 10.10 from live dvd/install disc) but in both cases my keyboard/screen would stop responding before I could type in my password (on the series of installation screens). Sorry to say I'm sending this from my wife's Mac while I install U9.10 on my desktop. BTW, I am running the latest Mint--Isadora based on 10.x--on my Compaq Presario laptop w/o problems but when I tried installing it on my Dell Dimension it froze up. I think I'm back to plan B which is to order a new desktop from ZaReason with U10.04 installed. I have to leave for 2 weeks on the 22nd so all this will have to come to a halt in a couple of days. I'm still willing to try things but wondering if I can't even get past the setup screens how I can modify my system. I also understand you all may be running down on good Samaritan energy--it is much appreciated...sk