[ubuntu-us-nm] Team status

Kurt von Finck mneptok at mneptok.com
Fri Jan 8 19:55:35 GMT 2010

On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 05:59:05 -0700
"Jay N. Forrest" <jay4rest at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi mt,
>
> Ya, the Ubuntu group is pretty much a once a week chat - not much
> more.
>
> However, the Albuquerque Linux User Group meets once a month at
> Barnes & Noble by Cottonwood.
> In fact there is a get together this Saturday at 7 pm. You are welcome
> to come.
>
> For more information check out the website:
> http://www.abqlug.org
>
> If you have any questions let me know.

This characterization of the Ubuntu New Mexico group is patently false.
We have organized Software Freedom Day, an Ubuntu release party
in ABQ, and other events.

While it's nice you are organizing the ABQLUG and fostering its
development, this list is not a place for you to disparage our efforts
and recruit for your own group. Setting up an antagonistic relationship
between the Ubuntu New Mexico team and the ABQLUG serves no purpose,
and will ultimately harm the community. Please refrain.

--
./k

kurt von finck

http://www.mneptok.com

public key: keyserver.ubuntu.com
key id: 5229D26A
fingerprint: 127A A484 ADBF A5AD E7FB 8CD2 8913 18F4 5229 D26A

Music is the space between the notes. - Debussy