[ubuntu-us-nm] Mysterious install error - Ubuntu 10.10

David Einerson deinerson1 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 01:58:24 GMT 2010

Hmmm, I haven't seen this error, but...
Check the BIOS settings for one of the machines. Could it be that the CD-ROM
drive is set in the BIOS incorrectly, or is it set to SATA rather than PATA,
or IDE? Is it on the same cable as your HDD? Try putting the CDROM drive on
its own cable, its own channel and set as master using the jumpers on the
cd-rom drive. Also, try setting the BIOS to read it as IDE rather than SATA
or PATA.

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 6:42 PM, Researcher Taylor <research at lawlearners.org
> wrote:

>  I've installed the new release on multiple machines now and the same
> thing always happens...
> At the end of the install, the CD auto ejects and I get a page of error
> messages like it's trying to read files from the CD and, obviously, it
> can't.  Error lines look like this:
> [ 3473.135525] end_request: I/O error, dev sr0, sector 535016
> The only way to get out of this is the hit the reset button (on a desktop)
> or hold down the power button (on a laptop).
> Is anyone else getting this and what does it mean?  I only started seeing
> this with Ubuntu 10.10.
> Thanks!

Dave Einerson