[ubuntu-us-nm] EPC CAT5 Donation Needed - about 250 feet total

David Einerson deinerson1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 20:03:25 BST 2009

Hello all,

I would like to run 3 new wired CAT5 connections throughout EPC to improve
connectivity for critical personnel.

   - One from switch 1 to our Resident Adviser's apartment in the main
   building - in the Southwest corner of the building. This is the longest one
   at about 100 feet - will be less, but not sure by how much. The resident
   advisor is going full time in October, but I would like to implement his
   ASAP in particular.
   - One from switch 3 to the finance directors office, which will run a
   very short distance outside from main building to the apartment buildings
   room 1, which is right next to the main building. Unknown distance, but
   should be about 50 feet.
   - And one from switch 2 to the meeting room desk where Gigi used to have
   her fireplace. This will be the shortest at around 30-40 feet.

Please let me know if any of you are able to spare this rough amount of CAT5
and connectors. I have the crimping tool. EPC is in financial dire straights
temporarily, so I am loathe to ask them for this money if I don't have to.
Any sufficient length would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
--
Dave Einerson
IT Director