[ubuntu-us-nm] Ubuntu Server and Joomla Permissions Issue

David Einerson deinerson1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 17:09:34 BST 2009

Alright! Figured this out. I am running Joomla on the localhost, so all I
had to do was disable Joomla FTP. It does mention that in the install guide,
but I guess most people install on a remote host, so it isn't emphasized at
all. I have been able to install three components now without a hitch.

Thank you to everyone who helped. It was an excellent Ubuntu security primer
for me.

Dave E

--
Dave Einerson