[ubuntu-us-nm] Ubuntu Server and Joomla Permissions Issue

David Einerson deinerson1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 20:50:47 BST 2009

Nick,

I did this and got the same behaviour.

After this command, the owner is the JFTP user (ubuntu) I entered in joomla
setup and the permissions are rw only for the joomla installed directories
for a component.

Should I change the Joomla JFTP user to something else? I added the ubuntu
JFTP user to the www-data group and then both the user and group were ubuntu
with owner rw only, so that didn't work.

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 10:46 AM, <nick at nick125.com> wrote:

> Maybe try chown'ing the files to the www-data user.
>
> chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/joomla15
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Dave Einerson
IT Director