[ubuntu-us-nm] EPC CAT5 Donation Needed - about 250 feet total

Eric Krieger grammatoncleric at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 29 00:57:01 BST 2009

When we looked at networking EPC wiring the place opened all kinds of ugly
distances, cable type, building code, wall penetration, cable termination,
etc..  wireless was the best an easiest way to cover the campus.

That said.  I imagine that Dave you are looking at this due to the
construction of the apartements, them acting like Faraday cages.   Why not
try penatrating the apartment walls and hang an open-mesh router under the
over hangs?  I have a couple open-mesh routers.

Thanks,

- Eric

Eric J. Krieger
Ubuntu Member and Altruistic Network Ninja.

Email: grammatoncleric at ubuntu.com
Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GrammatonCleric
NM LoCo: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewMexicoTeam