[ubuntu-us-nm] EPC CAT5 Donation Needed - about 250 feet total

nick at nick125.com nick at nick125.com
Tue Sep 29 00:39:10 BST 2009

Too bad its so expensive to do a wireless link. I mean, we could get it down to $110/link, but that's probably not within reach at the moment. I've tried CAT5e and doesn't work too well outdoors, as the cable degrades after a few months. And that was outside of direct daylight.

What kind of twisted 4 pair cable would be cheap enough but still stringable without violating code? Hmm. What are the regulations about running them across ground? Maybe we could bury them somehow..that's probably a big headache, though.

Well, what else could we do?