[ubuntu-us-nm] Albuquerque real estate - Ubuntu style!

Kurt von Finck mneptok at mneptok.com
Thu Sep 24 22:39:25 BST 2009

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:11:57 -0600
Eric Krieger <grammatoncleric at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Awesome!  Instead of running IE in a virtual there is project called
> "ie4linux" which allows Linux users to run IE without the need of a
> virtual box running the full windows bloat.
>
> http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page
>
> Just an idea...

Yeah, I know the project.

The problem is that WINE does not support IE 6 or greater (the WINEdb
is quite cautionary on the point). Which means this is (sort of) hack,
which may or may not continue to work.

Since Magda's IE needs relate to her ability to earn a living, a
virtualized instance instance of Windows is probably more
fault-tolerant, and allows me to not drive across town at 11pm when
WINE fails to deliver. ;)

Great pointer, though! Thanks!

--
./k

kurt von finck

http://www.mneptok.com

public key: keyserver.ubuntu.com
key id: 5229D26A
fingerprint: 127A A484 ADBF A5AD E7FB 8CD2 8913 18F4 5229 D26A

Music is the space between the notes. - Debussy