[ubuntu-us-nm] Ubuntu Laptop

Joe Pfeiffer joseph at pfeifferfamily.net
Mon May 18 19:05:11 BST 2009

The two cautions on the netbooks are the keyboard size and the (lack
of an) optical drive.

Some people don't mind the smaller keys; I've known a few with small
hands who prefer it.  My old Sony Vaio 505 (before there were
netbooks!) had 90% size keys, and it drove me nuts.

I've currently got a Samsung N120 on order from jr.com, along with an
external USB DVD writer.  It has a 10.1" screen, but full-size keys.
They use the extra space in the bezel around the screen for the
speakers, which strikes me as really elegant.