[ubuntu-us-nm] Ubuntu Laptop

Kurt von Finck mneptok at mneptok.com
Mon May 18 17:53:27 BST 2009

On Mon, 18 May 2009 09:24:07 -0700 (PDT)
E C <magonista66 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello Everyone:
>   My daughter just graduated high school and is going off to college.
> Is there somewhere in Albuquerque to buy Ubuntu loaded laptops?

How much computing power does she need, and what are you looking
to spend?

If the requirement is a laptop capable of word processing, web
surfing, e-mail, media playback, and other fairly mundane tasks,
I would heartily encourage you to look at the Sylvania Meso G
netbook from Amazon:

My wife uses one of these as her primary computer, and is very
satisfied with it. It is not terribly expensive, meaning that if
she damages or loses it, you will not have lost a lot of money.

Other than that, you're basically looking at Dell if you want a machine
pre-loaded with Ubuntu:

Personally, I would prefer the Sylvania to a Dell. The build quality is
excellent, and in six months of usage we have yet to need any type of
technical support (knock wood).

kurt von finck

public key: keyserver.ubuntu.com
key id: 5229D26A
fingerprint: 127A A484 ADBF A5AD E7FB 8CD2 8913 18F4 5229 D26A

Music is the space between the notes. - Debussy