[ubuntu-us-nm] EPC Open Mesh OM2 and OM3

Eric Krieger grammatoncleric at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 16 14:02:06 GMT 2009

Sorry for jumping in later to the thread but I've been working late and
traveling the last couple days.   First excellet troubleshooting Dave.
I think what you've found is the OM routers and the hub by their nature
of how the OM routers and hubs handle and direct traffic.  OM routers
"repeat" traffic either by wire or wireless to communicate between each
other and to evaluate best routing of traffic.  That said hubs also
repeat traffic to each port on the hub to find the right source and
destination, until there is a collision then the hubs cause traffic to
backoff and all the conversations to start once again until the next
collision.   So short I'm thinking that the reason that the hubs and OM
routers aren't playing nice is both are repeating the same time.

Now it's time to finish my coffee and head to training.

Eric