[ubuntu-us-nm] EPC Open Mesh OM2 and OM3

David Einerson deinerson1 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 17:10:12 GMT 2009

Okay, some good news I think: OM2 is now connected directly to our new
switch and all the lights are proper. I looked closely and it was connected
to a hub rather than a switch. This means for the time being OM2 is only
about 20 feet from OM1, so what I'll do is wait a day or so to make sure it
stays up. If all goes well, I'll replace that old hub with a new switch and
we'll probably be all set.

Ah hah! See this screenshot:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/369550/epc-open-mesh-om2_diag.jpg
Notice the gateway column and that OM1,2,3 are all now showing up as
gateways. This is most excellent! This looks to me like the two old hubs or
perhaps hubs in general are not open-mesh friendly.

I will indeed give it a few days to shore this conclusion. And as mentioned
before, I'll get another switch to replace the intermediary hub and move OM2
back to it's original location in the NW corner of EPC.

I think this issue is well on it's way to being licked.

--
Dave Einerson
deinerson1 at gmail.com