[ubuntu-us-nm] Upgrade

Eric Krieger grammatoncleric at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 21 17:11:25 GMT 2009

Howdy,
	Before any upgrade I would recommend backing up, at the very least,
your data to any external device of some type HD, CD, or DVD.  If you
have an external hard drive I would also recommend imaging your current
install.   I wrote up a HOWTO for doing this and posted it on the Ubuntu
Forums.

Once you are sure that your data and/or possibly your system is backed
up then think about upgrading.  That said I would stick with LTS
releases.

On Wed, 2009-01-21 at 16:43 +0000, mstarnes7 at comcast.net wrote:
> I am way past due for an upgrade (Kubuntu 7.04). On Adept Manager I
> see a "Full Upgrade" button. Is that what I want to do? Will it
> overwrite my home directory?

- Eric

Eric J. Krieger
Ubuntu Member and Altruistic Network Ninja.

Email: grammatoncleric at ubuntu.com
Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GrammatonCleric
NM LoCo: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewMexicoTeam

Random Quote:

"If you can't dazzle them with dexterity,
baffle them with bullshit!"
        -Prof. H. Hill