[ubuntu-us-nm] Microblogging?

Leif Gregory ldgregory69 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 18:14:17 GMT 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 07:21:05 -0700
Joel Edwards <joeledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess it was TwitterFon that I was using, and it is pretty nice,
> much better than Twitterific. I will give Twinkle a try, but no GPS
> on my phone, so stalkers are going to be frustrated by the margin of
> error. "What stalkers?", you may ask...It's an ego thing.
> Thanks for the gwibber recommendation.

Heya, total uber lurker here. <grin>

Would love to make one of the meetings some day. Just never seems to
work out timewise for me. Two young daughters and a wife who doesn't
get home from work till 7:30 - 8pm each night.

I tried TwitterFon, Twitterific and another one for a bit and then
finally settled on Tweetie (which isn't free). It flows much better and
allows really drilling down into friends of friends of friends, GPS
aware, shows nearby tweets etc. This is of course on the iPhone. Don't
hate me.. I love it. I use Ubuntu, OSX, and Windows. Each has strengths
and weaknesses, iPhone included, but overall it's a great little device.

Still loving the Ubuntu goodness on my PS3 too. <grin>

One of these days I'll make a meeting and learn some great stuff from
you all.