[ubuntu-us-nm] laptop wireless

Ran Dancing randancing at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 04:39:05 GMT 2009

I am running puppy linux on an 850 MHZ twinhead laptop with 256 ram. It
works well except for connecting to a wireless internet connction. This is
not my connection, I am staying with my son in california, and I am using a
net gear 802.11b wireless card. LInux finds all of the networks (6 of them
in the area) but says it cannot connect to them. It says that I am using an
orinoco_cs module that does not support wpa encryption. I am wanting to buy
a pcmcia wireless card that will support this encryption, hope you know what
type of cards will work on this old and outdated laptop.

thanks.
--
The people do not come out of the culture.
The culture comes out of the people