[ubuntu-us-nm] Playing Youtube on 64bit Karmic

Nick nick at nick125.com
Wed Dec 2 15:24:40 GMT 2009

Ah, but I found the best fix! aptitude purge flashplayer-installer ;)

The Flash version in Karmic 64bit is awful. I would suggest installing the
native 64bit version from Adobe.

Cheers,
Nick

On Dec 2, 2009 6:04 AM, "Eric Krieger" <grammatoncleric at ubuntu.com> wrote:

I don't know about anyone else but I've been encountering issues with
youtube video controls on 64bit versions of Karmic. Well I found a
fix....

Open a terminal and enter:

gksudo gedit /usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer

Then add the following before the last line:

export GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=1

Restart Firefox.  Ta-Da!

- Eric

Eric J. Krieger
Ubuntu Member and Altruistic Network Ninja.

Email: grammatoncleric at ubuntu.com
Wiki: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GrammatonCleric
NM LoCo: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewMexicoTeam