[ubuntu-us-nm] Post Ibex Upgrade "Places" bug fix

Eric Krieger unmlobo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 11:26:41 GMT 2008

Chris,
	As you know the big one for me was VPNC and if others use it be aware
in Ibex there is a small check box to disable "Dead Peer Detection"
under the VPN settings in NetworkManager (see url below).

http://twitpic.com/hjnu

	The next big one for me is NVidia drivers.  I use the proprietary for
both my workstation and laptop.  If you are using them and upgrade you
will have to reconfigure Xorg to use the restricted drivers or use
envyng, which is in the official repos now, to download the and
configure the proprietary drivers.

	There are many improvements and fixes I'm finding that I do like with
Ibex. PulseAudio is much improved over Hardy but still not perfect. Font
rendering appears improved, driver permitting.  Use of SQLite for
Evolution is very cool. The list is sure to grow but the overall feel
for Ibex is that it is a more complete and refined version of Hardy,
which is good!

Eric